Here are two ways to make play dough.
1. Combine in a medium saucepan:
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 Tbsp oil
2. Add 1 cup flour and stir over medium heat until mixture congeals and pulls away from sides of pan. Mixture may still be lumpy and that's ok.
3.Knead the dough on the counter until the lumps come out.
4. Store in airtight container.
All Natural Play Dough
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 3/8 cup salt.
2. Pour in 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and natural dye chosen from chart below, and stir well.
3. Knead dough on floured surface. If clay is too soft, add more flour.
4. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Brown - 3/8 cup plus 1 Tbsp hot water and 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
Fushsia - 3/8 cup hot beet juice From 15 oz can of beets
Orange - 3/8 cup hot water and 1 Tbsp paprika
Yellow - 3/8 cup hot water and 1 tsp tumeric
Monday, May 13, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment